Other Information for Residents

 Providence Place


If you're looking for a fantastic place to live with all the services and care this is where you need to be. You can live independently or receive homecare services. Providence Place currently has 1 and 2 bedroom suites for rent or purchase (life lease). All our suites are self contained. They range from 520sq feet to 1200sq feet. You can be as private as you want to in your suite, or feed your mental health and come join the rest of the community to enjoy each others company. We have a wide range of services available:

Health Care Aides 24hrs/day, Homemade Meals 7days/week, Laundry, Housekeeping, Life Line Buttons, Recreation Activities, and many more.

For more information or a tour Call our Office @780-374-2527

For a video of a walkthrough of Providence Place visit our Facebook page here:



For more photos of Providence Place, please click here



Did you know there is a campground located just outside of Daysland?

The Edgerton Day Campground is owned and operated by Flagstaff County and is just 1 km south of Highway 13 on Rge Rd 163 south of Daysland.
What it has to offer: A covered picnic area for day stops, playground, multiple large group areas, large amount of overflow camping and parking.

There are 12 sites (4 powered sites and 8 non-serviced sites).

Power sites: $20/night
Non-Serviced sites: $15/night

They accept payment in cash or cheque. Please make cheques payable to "FLAGSTAFF COUNTY."

For more inquiries regarding the Flagstaff campgrounds, please call the Flagstaff County ASB at (780) 384-4118.

* Camping is available on a first-come, first-served basis, with no reservations allowed. Campers are only permitted to stay a maximum of 10 nights.


Click here to find a list of important phone numbers for seniors

FFCS now has their own Seniors program with Donna Coombs called SENIORSFIRST and that program can be accessed through FFCS at 780-385-3976 or reception@flagstafffcs.ca.

Please click here to visit the Go East of Edmonton Tourism page where you will find events happening East of Edmonton - including Daysland!

Click here to see the new revised copy of the Permits and Compliance Reference Guide from The Inspections Group for 2016. You can use this when applying for building, electrical, plumbing, gas, and private sewage permits.

Fortis Alberta has launched a new Streetlight Repair Map. You can view all the streetlights in Daysland on the map and request to get one repaired online within minutes. Just click on the streetlight that needs repair and send the request.


For more information about our K-12 School, including the current newsletter and events, please check out their website at: www.brsd.ab.ca/school/daysland.

The Parents for Fun team has a new website up and running. Everyone check out www.parentsforfuninflagstaff.com for more information about what's happening in our community!

Click here for the SOS Service Options for Seniors Schedule. This is a free service and it offers assistance to seniors with filling out forms. Check out the schedule for dates and times it will be offered in Daysland.

A copy of the Alberta Municipal Affairs Town of Daysland Municipal Inspection Final Report can be found here.

Click on the link below for information on how to get some funding to help pay for your child to participate in extracurricular activities such as hockey, dance, art classes, etc. 


You can view the Daysland History book "Along the Crocus Trail" by clicking here. 

We have an option for preauthorized payments available at the Town Office. Just come in and fill out the form, attach a void cheque, and your bill will automatically come out every month. You can also print the form off under the "I Want To" tab at the top and mail in or drop off the form.

In accordance with Bylaw-485, If Utility Accounts are in arrears on December 20th in any year, the amount will be added to the tax roll of the respective parcels of land and become taxes owing to the municipality. The amount will be come subject to penalties.

Charging for residential water consumption began on August 1, 2010. Residents are encouraged to remedy any household water leaks during this time. Please repair household water leaks to avoid being charged for excess water consumption.

Refer to the diagram below for helpful information on detecting leaks.

Watering Schedule:

The usual watering regulations remain in effect in accordance with the Town of Daysland Water Regulation Bylaw 2009-478 as follows:

TIMES: 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM

New grass seed, sod or trees may be watered each day at the specified times.

Dog Licenses – Can be purchased at the Town Office.  Copies of the Dog Bylaw can be picked up at the office (or click on the link to view).

All dogs in the town must be licensed and are not permitted to run at large.


Dog License for Spayed or Neutered Dog - $15.00

  Dog License for Unaltered Dog - $35.00

Dog License for a Vicious Dog - $750.00

Dog License for a Restricted Dog - $500.00
Replacement license fee $5.00

" Dog at Large" means a dog that is on any property not belonging to the owner of said dog and is not being restrained by a leash or is not being effectively controlled by the owner.

Penalty for first offense $300
Penalty for second offense $600
Penalty for subsequent offense not less than $1200.

Transfer Site (Garbage Dump)- Hours - Tuesday 8:30am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm - 4:30pm and Saturday 1:00pm - 4:30pm.

There is a $5/visit charge to use the transfer site.

The Town does try to schedule a large garbage pickup for sometime in the spring.  Watch the Town Newsletter for the dates of these events.

Various businesses and community buildings have rented garbage bins and these are only to be used by the authorized groups.  Additional charges are incurred by the businesses if extra dumping of these bins is required, so please do not dump your garbage in their bins.

Daysland Community Composting Location 

Follow HWY 855 to the entrance of the Public Works shop. The compost site is located behind the recycling bins. Signs are posted at the Composting site.


Visit the Utilities Consumer Advocate website to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving water and energy utility related issues.

URL links used in the description:
http://ucahelps.alberta.ca (Utilities Consumer Advocate website)
http://ucahelps.alberta.ca/cost-comparison-tool.aspx (prices)
http://ucahelps.alberta.ca/historic-rates.aspx (rates)
http://ucahelps.alberta.ca/contact-a-mediation-officer.aspx (issues)

Our website is an interactive resource that is helping consumers, especially vulnerable Albertans, make informed choices about their electricity and natural gas services.

The website is mobile and tablet responsive and has several innovative features, all of which are intended to provide a high-quality user/consumer experience:
• An interactive Cost Comparison Tool to give consumers the delivered cost of energy;
• Prominent and clear information about the services of the UCA’s Consumer Mediation Team;
• Plain-language content that’s easy to understand; and
• A searchable database that displays historical natural gas and electricity rates in a user-friendly format.

Click here to look at the 2019 Business Plan for the Town of Daysland!